Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Elementary School, and "Hug!"

1.       Yesterday I helped chaperone a high school choir field trip.  We went to three of the five White Plains elementary schools and performed a brief concert.  I found myself stunned by the elementary school students.  I couldn’t believe that my high school students were once that small, not can I comprehend that Belle will one day be that big.

2.       Belle is talking more and more each day.  For a while, my favorite word in Belle’s vocabulary was of course “Mommy.”  Now I have a new favorite word: “hug” (which sounds more like “huck”).  This morning, while Belle enjoyed her milk and a snuggle (we bring Belle into bed with us while she drinks her milk every morning), she suddenly turned to me and said, “hug,” and then threw her arms around me. What a wonderful start to the day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment