Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Pease"

Belle continues to develop an understanding of the power of "please" ("pease"). She knows that if she stands in front of the fridge and says "pease," an adult will usually come and open it for her. She gets that if she takes the food item she desires from a fridge shelf and says, "pease," she is usually invited to eat some of the food item. She is learning to replace her whining with a "pease," which is a great victory for me.

I should note that, so far, Belle has "peased" only organic yogurt, prunes, and water. I imagine the time will come when she is "pease"ing for cupcakes and ice cream, but her food choices are so healthy right now that I can't argue with her requests (because I'm a sucker for the "pease," AND because her requests are thus far reasonable).

"Thank you" is next on the polite-word list.

No comments:

Post a Comment