Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Epilogue to "Done sleeping, Mommy."

I got home at 10pm on Sunday to Seren and Belle rocking in the chair.  Belle was wide awake.  When I got home, she ran around.  So we brainstormed.  Belle and I laid down on the mat on the floor to try to sleep together.  After about 5 minutes, Belle took her pacifier out, gave it to me, rubbed my back and said, "going downstairs to Mommy.  Night night Daddy." 

So we watched some football.  I figured it'd let her relax on the couch.  After all, I can fall asleep that way.  We pulled the blanket over us on the couch and after about 15 minutes, I thought it was working.  So we went up to the crib.  It hadn't worked.

Next idea was to take a walk.  We gave Belle a sweatshirt and went out in the stroller at 1130.  And we walked.  And Belle was just impressed by the quiet, still night and the stars in the sky.  She didn't know she was supposed to sleep.

So we got home and pulled the trifecta.  Tylenol, bath, book.  Belle took a bath, I read her a book, and we gave her some Tylenol.  She was mostly asleep in my lap, and then passed out in the crib.  At 1:15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment