Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mom to the rescue!

Belle's teacher at nursery school spotted a splinter in Belle's right ring finger.  No nursery school staff member is allowed to touch boo boos except to put on a bandage.  Someone at school contacted Craig who notified me.  So, I ran over to Belle's school as soon as my schedule allowed to remove the splinter myself.
 
I worried that a Mommy-sighting in the middle of the day would disturb Belle and that my departure after the splinter removal would cause tears.  But I didn't want Belle to be all day with a splinter in her finger.
 
I  went to the school office where I called to Belle's classroom.  I spoke to one of her teachers explaining how I want to remove Belle's splinter but then will leave.  The office sent another adult to the classroom so there were enough adults to cover Belle's classmates and then one of her teachers brought her to meet me in the office.
 
Belle came in with toy binoculars around her neck holding a naked baby doll in one hard and holding her teacher's hand with the other.  She was excited to see me, and eager to show me her boo boo.  I put on my best doctor hat and used the limited resources I found in the school office medical kit to successfully remove Belle's splinter. No tears (from either of us!).
 
When I was done, and Belle's boo boo was re-bandaged with anti-bacterial ointment, Belle said, "bye bye, Mommy!"  She took her teacher's hand and was eager to get back to her classroom.  What a relief!  What a pleasure to know that Belle enjoyed school!  What a big, brave girl Belle is!
 
Belle's teacher was kind and helpful to both me and Belle.  And she wouldn't let me leave before she told me how much she enjoys seeing Craig every morning when he drops Belle off.  She said Belle and I are both very lucky to have him (as if we didn't already know that).

No comments:

Post a Comment