Sunday, May 25, 2014

Considerate Belle

Saturday morning, Belle came into our room excited to announce that she'd stayed in her room all night (as opposed to crawling quietly onto the big, comfy chair in our master bedroom; she's been staying in her room all night for about a week straight now).  It was 6:20am.

Craig said, "Belle, Mommy and Daddy are so tired.  Could you play quietly by yourself so we can stay in bed a little longer?"

40 minutes.  Belle played by herself in her bedroom quietly for 40 minutes.  No iPad.  No TV.  No friend or little sister.

When I finally got up at 7am, I thanked Belle for being so considerate.  She said proudly, "I played quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up!"  She said she talked to herself, but she talked very quietly.  This Sunday morning, I heard Belle get out of bed at 6:15am, but she didn't come into our room or bother us.  Just before 7am, Belle came to my side of the bed and whispered, "Mommy I read this book to myself. Can you read it to me now please?"  So, she'd been quietly playing by herself for nearly 45 minutes until she decided she wanted company.

Emily also slept past 7am both mornings this weekend.  This means that Craig and I both were able to stay in bed until 7am this weekend!  What a treat!

I am proud of Belle's ability to entertain herself.  I am proud of how considerate she is.  I'd pat myself on the back, but I'm pretty sure Belle just came out this way: a beautiful, considerate, sweet child.

No comments:

Post a Comment