Thursday, March 12, 2015

What they don't tell you about having kids

When I was pregnant with Belle, no one warned me. No one told me that I might go kiss her goodnight one night and smell an unsavory yet familiar odor. It wasn't on my radar that my four-and-a-half- year-old may have vomited all over herself and her bed IN HER SLEEP. Who knew that sometimes being a parent means changing a child's pajamas and bedding while the child sleeps in them?
Yet, there I was last night at 11pm combing chunks of vomit out of Belle's hair and trying to clean it with baby wipes, all while, Belle remained asleep.
There are many components to this crazy mom gig, some more unbelievable and unpleasant than others.
Incidentally, when I told Belle about it in the morning, she didn't believe me. Belle literally didn't know she threw il or was c,earned and changed.
Crazy crazy crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment