Friday, September 18, 2015

Belle-isms learning about school

It is a joy watching Belle learn about school.  Everything is new and exciting! 

Last week, Belle ate lunch at school for the first time.  She explained, expressively and excitedly, that the cafeteria IS the gym! They just move tables into it! "I didn't know that!" she said, thrilled with her new knowledge.

She was also excited that her school has a cemetery.  

What?!

Calmly, I asked for clarification: "Belle, there's a cemetery at your school?"

Belle explained, "Yeah! It's where we went for davening on Friday morning! Can you believe it?! A cemetery at my school?!"

I figured it out: "Belle, do you mean sanctuary?

"Oh. Yeah. A sanctuary."

I am enjoying this, and I know it will be different when Emily starts school. Emily will likely be at Belle's school for various events, and Emily will have the benefit of Belle preparing her for school. This acquisition of brand new information is unique to a first child experiencing something brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment