Sunday, June 3, 2018

I love my village

Last weekend, I was unexpectedly home with Belle and Sadie. We had planned to travel to Toronto as a quintet, but Belle got sick, so I stayed home with her and the baby while Craig and Emily stuck to the plan to enjoyed a weekend away together. Three friends offered to bring me food when they heard that I was unexpectedly homebound. Actually, two friends offered, while a third friend showed up at my door with a large portion of homemade spinach lasagna.

Yesterday, walking home from a playground, a neighbor waved to us as she drove by. A few minutes later, the skies opened up and we found ourselves walking in big rainstorm. Wouldn't you know that the neighbor drove back to offer us a ride and/or an umbrella?!

I love the village in which we are raising our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment