Thursday, October 18, 2018

Sadie's first experience with a horah

At Cousin Ethan's Bar Mitzvah, guests enjoyed a rousing horah.  At one point, dancers brought two special chairs into the circle and the Hass family took turns sitting in the chair while others lifted them into the air.

After the horah ended, Sadie excitedly grabbed my hand and brought me over to the chairs that has been used in the horah.  Sadie eagerly exclaimed, "Chairs! Up!"  I am pretty sure Sadie's impression was that the chairs were magic and ascended into the air.  She pulled herself into the chair (no small feat for a toddler), smiled widely and said, "Up!"  She was so sweet and so eager and excited, so I obliged: I lifted the chair with Sadie on it.  Sadie is certainly a party-lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment