Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Respecting the Superman

My friends had warned me of projectile poo. But I have a little angel. She sleeps; she eats; she pees; she's quiet. Her biggest concern is whether her feet are covered. But yesterday, she picked a fight with me.

Belle and I were getting ready for a walk to let Mom sleep for a little. She was all set in her stroller when I heard her poo. Ok, I'm a solid Dad, I brought her onto the changing pad and got ready. I opened the diaper and examined to see if it was sufficiently "scrambled eggs." "Seren, take a look" and phlotz... She pooed. On me. On my clothes. On my Superman t-shirt. She did not respect the Superman. She should have. I still love her. How can I be upset at someone so beautiful and innocent? She broke my trust. I'll be on guard again. But it's going to be tough getting back on that bicycle of changing poo diapers. But again, look at this face.



Today, she again challenged me. I changed her diaper and decided that she would be comfortable laying on her stomach. So I put her on her stomach on my lap as I watched tv. I felt my legs get warm, but I figured it was her body heat on my body. When I stood up, I had a wet spot on my shorts. I'll learn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment