Thursday, March 7, 2013

Why I love going to the grocery store

Last week, I took Emily to Shop Rite one morning while Belle was in school.  On our way to the parking lot, an older woman stopped me to tell me that Emily is "the cutest baby [she'd] seen in a long time."  I thanked her, and perhaps responding to my voice, Emily smiled widely.  They woman's face lit up and she said, "Look at that smile!  That just made my day!  Thank you.  I needed that."

Yesterday, I took both girls to Stop & Shop.  A woman nearby must have overheard Belle talking to me, Belle singing and counting, and Belle trying to comfort Emily when she fussed a bit while we waited in the check-out line.  The woman approached us and said to Belle, "If I ever have a granddaughter, I hope she is juts like you."

No comments:

Post a Comment