Monday, July 21, 2014

"Can I show you my playground?"

When Emily and I picked Belle up from camp today, Belle invited us to see the playground she enjoys on the premises. We started walking toward the playground, when Emily called for Belle. Belle obliged by taking Emily's hand. The two girls walk hand-in-hand to the outside of the playground. When they got there, Belle explained in her higher-pitched baby-Emily voice, "Emily, that's the playground I play on. And soon you can play on it, too!" Belle pointed out the different parts of the playground, all the while speaking in her baby voice and holding Emily's hand.

Emily is good to Belle, too. Belle was in time-out on Saturday evening when I was reading Emily bedtime books. Emily called for Belle to sit next to her, but I told Emily that Belle wasn't allow to come inside Emily's room at that moment. So Emily went in the threshold of her bedroom to sit next to Belle while Belle was in time-out.

It warms my heart to see the girls being loving toward each other. I hope that girls always remain close.

No comments:

Post a Comment