Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Parenting in 2015

I leave the house on school days at around 7:15am, at which time Craig takes over as PIC (parent in charge).  Lately, I've been leaving the girls, dressed with their teeth brushed and their hair combed, on the couch watching "Sesame Street" while Craig prepares to tackle the day.  Often, I email, call, or text Craig when I get a break at school to ask how the morning routine went.  Was someone cranky?  Did the girls get off OK?  How was breakfast?

This morning, before I had the chance to ask Craig how the morning went, I logged into Facebook.  At the top of my newsfeed was a post by Craig seeking advice for, or maybe solace in, Emily's lack of morning appetite.

This is what it means to parent in 2015: morning reports may be acquired through Facebook, and then blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment