Friday, July 24, 2015

Belle's book

Grammy and Grampy stapled a few blank pieces of printer paper together, and a book was born. Belle titled her book "I Love Rainbows," and she drew pictures on each page that relate to her love of rainbows.
Belle declared, "let's give it to the library!" Yes, I thought, because books live in the library, and I am always happy to foster a love of book, and I am also happy to encourage a spirit of giving.
So, we went to our public library the other day. With pose and confidence, Belle presented her book to the librarian in the children's section. Belle said,"I made this book and I want to give it to the library." The librarian was lovely, kind and appropriate. She asked Belle to walk her through the book, which Belle did (explaining the pictures on each page). When Belle was done, the librarian offered accolades. I volunteered that I wanted to borrow the book, and the librarian generously helped me check Belle's out when I checked out a few other items.
Belle lives to read, and I hope she continues to do so. I also wouldn't be upset if Belle grows to love writing and/or creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment