Sunday, December 4, 2016

Adventures in pregnant parenting

1. The girls had separately been asking how the baby will get out of my belly.  After hemming and hawing (and googling), we decided to tell them the truth.  On Saturday morning, when one of them asked for the hundredth time, and specifically said, "you said you'd tell us later. Is it later now?" I decided to tell them.

It was not the big deal I"d worried it would be.  Emily said, "Interesting!" Belle said, "Ew!"  And then they asked me to read them the library book ZOOTOPIA based on the Disney movie.  End of story.

2. On Friday morning, after the bell rang ending my first period English class, two  ninth grade students approached me to let me know that my pants were on backwards.  My pants had been on backwards all through first period. I thanked them for letting me know and then dashed to the restroom so I could turn my maternity jeans around.
I've been teaching for over 11 years and this must be my most embarrassing experience yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment