Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"The rain made the day so gray"

This morning was a unique, lazy Tuesday morning. The day was gray and rainy and Belle and my only plan was a tentative play date with the twins who live upstairs in the building. So, when Craig left for work this morning, Belle and I stayed in bed and alternated napping and playing, all the while snuggling. It wasn't until about 10:30am that we actually started our day. Was it lazy and indulgent? Maybe. Did I spoil Belle with an abundance of affection and attention? Perhaps, but then she spoiled me, too.

I know from seeing my mom friends with older babies that Belle won't always have the patience for a somnolent morning like today. Soon she'll be fidgety and want to run and play. And I am planning to return to my full-time teaching job in September, so our weekday snuggle time has an expiration date. To further defend this morning's laziness, I recently read in Alice Ozma's The Reading Promise, "No one will ever say 'I think I spent too much time with my children when they were young.'"

The rain made the day gray and all that there was for Belle and me to do this morning was snuggle and play and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment