Saturday, July 16, 2011

Date Night, summer-in-New-York-style

Craig and I enjoyed a very New York date. I "won" free tickets to the Public Theater's Shakespeare in the Park production of All's well that Ends Well. I entered the virtual ticket waiting line,which is just a lottery, and learned just after 1pm that I had two tickets for that evening's performance. Evidence of my new mom priorities, I called the babysitter and made sure she was available before I even told Craig about our date.

I had to pick up the tickets between 5 and 7pm or our seats for the 8pm performance would be given away. If we didn't live a quick walk from Central Park, how else could I have made it work? Anyway, Belle and I walked to the Delacorte Theater at the southwestern end of the Great Lawn to pick up the tickets. Then we went home and I fed Belle and put her to bed. Craig and the babysitter arrived so Craig and I could go to Central Park and enjoy a delicious picnic Greek dinner before the play began.

It was a wonderful evening, made possible only because we live in Manhattan. SO glad we could enjoy while we still have a New York City address.



The Delacorte Stage pre-show

No comments:

Post a Comment