Sunday, January 29, 2012

Copy cat

Like most babies, Belle is a it of a copy cat. There are two notable instances of copy catting worth noting:

1. When we visited Cousin Noah last week, the two toddlers played together beautifully. It is such a pleasure to see the cousins interact more and more as they get older. Anyway, I was tickling both cutie-pies. When I stopped, Noah said, "More!" (He also says "mas" since his nanny teachers him Espanol. In fact, Noah asks for "agua.") Belle tried to imitate her cousin; she said, "Mah! Mah!" Maybe Noah could teach her more words!

2. Belle is an exceptionally affectionate child, which is so rewarding. She gives spontaneous hugs, leans in to receive kisses (she has given me a few kisses, but she prefers to receive them), and takes our hand when she walks. She also loves to cuddle. When she is upset, I will pick her up to comfort her. I often rub her back to calm her down. Well, Belle now will rub my arm and shoulder right back. It is so sweet.

Belle is such a joy. Despite all her fussiness (she is currently on shoe strike; that is, she screams and throws a little fit when we try to put them on her), I feel like the luckiest mom in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment