Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bathing

Bath has been on bath-strike for a year.  After trying everything, including all of our pediatrician's suggestions, we resorted to simply showering her.  That is, one of us gets in the shower and holds Belle while we wash her.  We have tried to introduce the bath from time to time this past year to no avail (to dangerous kicking and screaming fits).  But, we enjoyed a wonderful week that included fun times in the pool. After seven straight days of playing in a pool, I thought I could parlay that watery fun into a bath.  Guess what: it worked!  With bubble bath and a few bath toys (strategies that backfired a year ago, because they made her bath fits dangerous), Belle happily played in the tub while I knelt on the bath mat to bathe her.  She didn't much enjoy me pouring cupfuls of water over head to wet and rinse her hair when I shampooed her, but her discontent was minor.  I think we are finally back to baths around here!
The newest bathing problem?  I couldn't get Belle out of the tub after I'd finished cleaning her!  Not a bad problem to have after a year of showering her..

No comments:

Post a Comment