Sunday, July 1, 2012

Trying to get serious

Belle is so cute and playful that it is hard to be serious with her.  Yesterday, Craig asked Belle to pick something up that she had thrown on the floor inappropriately.  Craig asked her to pick it up, and Belle said, "No!"  I turned away so she wouldn't see that I was laughing.  Craig asked her again, and she repeated in her cute way, "Nooooo!"  Craig said, "I am going to count to three,"  When he said "One," Belle chimed in excitedly, "two!"  Clearly, Belle thought it was a game, while Craig really wanted Belle to pick up the item of his that she had thrown onto the floor.
Eventually, Craig took Belle's "baby" doll away until she picked up that which she'd thrown down. 
What we learned here is that I am the biggest pushover and worst disciplinarian.  I was laughing at Belle's reaction to Craig and was ready to pick up Craig's things myself.  This can't bite me in the butt, right?  Boy, am I in for it.
And, yes, Belle is learning to count.  She also can sign through the alphabet repeat-after-me-style (Craig sings "A" and then Belle sings back "A," and so on through "next time won't you sing with me.")

No comments:

Post a Comment