Monday, November 12, 2012

NOW we're pushing it...

I accepted the fact that two-day-old baby Emily and I were discharged from the hospital during a hurricane, and dealt with it when we lost power just hours after returning home.  I rolled with it when we newly-rechristened "QuadriCeps" had to move in with friends for a week because we had no power at home.  When we finally were able to move back into our warm home, I didn't complain when our carbon monoxide detector went off during a snow storm and the fire department had to come over at 9pm.  And, speaking of that snow storm, the Nor'Easter that dumped four inches of snow on us didn't bother me so much.  When Belle's school was cancelled or opened with a 90-minute delay, I went with it.  Our broken garage door?  Rolled off my back.  

But when Belle came down with a high fever this past Friday night, has been sick for the past three days, and I have to try to keep two-week-old Emily away from Belle's unhealthy germs, NOW my tolerance is being tested.  Craig and I joke that we're playing man-to-man-defense with the two little ones, and last night demonstrated this to the extreme: after Belle vomited in our bed (she wouldn't sleep anywhere else and we are eager to make her comfortable since she has been battling high fevers for a few days), Craig slept in a sleeping bag on the floor of Belle's room and I slept in the chair in our bedroom holding Emily.  Give me a break, please!  

No comments:

Post a Comment