Monday, December 3, 2012

Belle's Anatomy Lesson

Remember that scene from the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Kindergarten Cop in which a little boy raises his hand and stands up to announce, "boys have a penis and girls have a vagina":



I just lived it.

Belle came to me this morning while I was changing Emily's diaper and said to me proudly in her sweet little voice, "Mommy, you have a vagina and I have a vagina!  And Daddy has a....penis!"

She had formerly called her nether-regions her tuschy and her "front tuschy," so Belle's morning announcement demonstrates acquired knowledge.

Semi-relatedly, Belle found my sanitary napkins/maxi-pads/panty liners and thinks they are stickers.  She has peeled the back of three in the last two weeks and affixed "Mommy's stickers" to her book, bed, and floor.  I hope she'll laugh when I tell her of this in a decade or so.

Kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment