Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Walking with purpose

Despite my suburban upbringing, when walking was about the walk (and the exercise and the fresh air and to enjoy our beautiful neighborhood), I grew accustomed to walking as a means of transportation living in the city. Especially as an Upper West Side SAHM (stay at home mom), I walked everywhere and all the time. I walked to the grocery store and to friends' houses and to restaurants and to other means of transportation. I therefore appreciate living in a suburb with a downtown. This week has been unseasonably warm, for which I am very grateful. Emily and I have run half a dozen errands on foot so far this week. We walked to the bank, the dry cleaners, to go shopping (including to Bloomingdales), to get a hot drink.  I enjoy walking, Emily is getting used to the stroller, and I am happy to be efficient with my walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment