Monday, January 28, 2013

Canada Dry and Gatorade

Canada Dry Ginger Ale is far superior to Schwepps, and orange-flavored Gatorade beats other flavors of Gatorade and Powerade. You see, I've become a bit of a connoisseur of such beverages of late. I've been dealing with variations of stomach bugs on and off for the better half of the month. It's a bummer to be under the weather, it's a trial to feel less than100% while fulfilling my mom/wife responsibilities, and it's quite taxing to nurse through the days like today when I ate almost nothing. I recall battling cold after cold after cold during Belle's first winter, which is clearly not a coincidence. That lack of sleep required of a mom to an infant coupled with the many new responsibilities and stressors (plus the aforementioned biology of my body taking whatever it can from me to produce sustenance for my infant) weakens my immune system. It's not the end of the world: it's afforded me the opportunity to become a connoisseur of electrolyte-full beverages (I even tried salty-tasting Pedialyte) and tummy-settling ginger ales.

No comments:

Post a Comment