Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Up and Down

UP

[Gasp] "It's beautiful!  I love it!  Mommy, I love it!"  Then she danced around the room singing, "I love it!  I love it!  I love it!"

This was Belle's reaction when I showed her her new big girl room with the walls painted pale lavender ("it's my purple room!"), the colorful soft rug on the floor, and the "real" big girl bed (not a toddler bed) made with fun raspberry and purple linens.  I felt as if I was on an episode of some make-over reality show. Belle was just so genuinely overjoyed with how her room looks (and I'm not even done!). 

Belle is such a rewarding child. And this beautiful moment illustrates what a roller-coaster motherhood is: 



DOWN

Craig caught the stomach bug that wrecked me.  I'm not yet 100% recovered (still can't eat much), but I'm home caring for an infant, a stuffy-nosed toddler, and a sick husband.  And it snowed, so I shoveled our driveway, walkway to the front door, cleared the minivan of snow, and then took Belle to school and picked her up based on the modified schedule due to the weather.  I feel beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment