Saturday, August 23, 2014

Water fun!

We stopped at the playground on the grounds of the Stepping Stone Children's Museum in Norwalk, CT on Thursday. I saw that there was a sprinkler aspect to the play area, but I didn't have the kids' swim gear. I did, however, have a "just-in-case" change of clothes for each little girl. Confident that the girls wouldn't drive home soaking wet, I encouraged them to take off their shoes and play in the water. Emily joyfully removed her shoes and played in the sprinklers. Belle befriended a few first-graders (age 6) and was playing them on the dry play areas. When Emily was one with the water play, I changed her into her dry clothes and put her wet ones in a plastic bag.

Run around and get wet in her cute pink dress? Why not? The summer is flying by. These girls are growing up quickly. Why not risk stretching or staining the dress a little for some fun? I think back to last summer. Emily was still an infant and Belle was not quite as advanced. Next summer, they'll be different children, I realize. They'll only be almost-two and almost-four one summer, so let's enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment