Sunday, December 21, 2014

Amazingly grown-up and caring Belle

On Saturday, our synagogue brought out individually wrapped Twizzlers at the end of the children's service. Belle asked me if she could have one, and I said yes. I watched kids take handfuls of candies, but Belle took only two: "one for me, and one for Emily."

Later, at the kiddush luncheon, I offered to get the girls something to drink. Belle volunteered to take care of it. So, Belle went solo to the drink table and returned with two small cups of apple juice: one for her and one for Emily. I was particularly impressed that Belle carried the two cups of apple juice across a crowded room with grace, and she didn't spill a drop.

I didn't ask Belle to get candy and apple juice for Emily. Belle seems to instinctively know to take care of her little sister. I encourage and praise it, and hope that it lasts forever; that Belle will always look out for Emily.

Belle and Emily are joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment