Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kindness

Craig and I attended parent-teacher conferences last week.  Belle’s teachers told us that Belle is kind.  She shares well and tries to make other children happy. I see Belle’s kindness at home.  Belle generously included Emily in her play, and likes to make Emily happy.  If Emily wants something that Belle is playing with, Belle will often give the item to Emily. 

Belle recently told me that, even when she gets angry at me and tells me that I’m not her friend anymore, she still loves me.  My four year old said this to me. Last night, the babysitter admitted that she wasn’t a great singer when I reviewed the bedtime routine, which includes singing to the girls.  Belle said, “That’s OK. I’ll sing Emily a song.  She likes ‘The Itsy Bitsy Spider.’”  Both the babysitter and Emily reported this morning that Belle sang Emily a goodnight song last night to keep the bedtime routine intact despite Craig and my absence.


Does Belle whine and ask for lollipops and make messes?  Of course; she is four.  But she shows such warmth, kindness, and maturity that sometimes I am in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment