Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Tough Week

It's a tough week in these parts, though it started innocently enough. My cell phone died on Sunday night, so I knew I had to get a new one on Monday. It was two years old, so while I wish it hadn't gone kaput, I was more or less fine with it. I also had a big hearing this week at work, so I had lots of work to do when Irene was here. But on Monday, the office opened late, and I thought I could get more work done at the library than at the office, with less of a commute, so I stayed home. I started my day working at Starbucks, then meeting Seren and Belle for a photo session, followed by a tri-lunch. From there, I went to Verizon and then Verizon store 2 (where I saw Angela Lansbury!).

After Angela time, I went to the library and worked for a few hours, getting my work mostly done. My folks came in to wish Belle a very happy birthday, and she had a very happy birthday. Belle had a cupcake and sushi. She was happy.

I should rewind and mention that the TriCeps had a private birthday cake session Sunday before having a playdate with the twins upstairs (it was a nice apartment for hanging out in on an inside-day). That was her first cake time. and the girl was absolutely wired after the sugar. It was adorable.

Anyway, Wednesday morning, I woke up at 5:18 a.m. to a baby crying in my bedroom. While that doesn't seem noteworthy, Belle doesn't usually wake up in the bedroom. She wakes up in the middle of the night, and Seren moves her to the pack n'play in the living room. I usually sleep through this. So on Tuesday night, Belle slept through the night in our apartment for the first time (she had slept through the night in places where we don't share a room - grandparents' houses, Ithaca).

Unfortunately, Wednesday was a rough morning. It was Belle's first morning at day care, and the first time I had to drop my daughter off so she could spend the day with someone who wasn't Seren. Seren and I were both saddened by the ordeal, but it's necessary. Today, I did the drop off solo and it wasn't much better. I was told to do the drop off like I'm pulling off a band-aid. Obviously, that's easier said to me than done by me. Maybe next week, I'll have it down. In the interim, it's tough.

We also got ourselves a new car this week. We are now the proud owners of a Toyota Sienna. I'll save you the Google search; it's a minivan. We're growing up.

All in all, an eventful week for the TriCeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment