Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Easing the pain

I am so lucky.  I have wonderful friends and fantastic colleagues.  

My colleagues welcomed me back to school warmly, and comforted me when I unexpectedly burst into tears when asked, "how did the drop-off at day-care go?"  The High School English teachers were especially kind in terms of filling me in on what I'd missed and making me feel right at home; as if I hadn't been away for 15 months.

And then I was called to the School's main office between meetings.  My thoughtful and generous (and out-of-state) high school friend Adrienne sent "Thinking of you and best wishes today!" flowers (see pic) to school.  What a wonderful way to brighten the day (and now our apartment).

Today was tough, but the support of colleagues and friends certainly eased the pain.  And I hope the days will get easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment