Monday, August 1, 2011

Our first lost pacifier (a bad mom day)

Belle started our walk without a pacifier, but I relented and gave her the pacifier part way through Central Park. Somehow, the pacifier was gone when the walk ended. Two walking friends confirmed that Belle's yellow pacifier is indeed somewhere in Central Park.

Our first lost pacifier in 11 months.

Later, on the same trip out, I realized that the squeaky teething toy Belle had been playing with when we left the grocery store was no longer in her stroller. After her nap, I retraced my steps the ten blocks back Citarella, but could not find the toy anywhere (not that I would have give then teether back to Belle had I found it...I just felt bad that I let Belle lose a toy- and a pacifier on the same day). This happened before Belle fell while trying to climb on a Cherrios box and accidentally bit her lip (damn teeth: they hurt coming in and they are hazardous once they've finally grown in). I had been playing next to Belle, letting her try walking, climbing and exploring when she fell. It was an unfortunate boo boo for little Belle.

Today was not a good mom day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment