Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to school tomorrow

Returning to work after a full year of being a stay-at-home-mom seemed like a great plan when I made it. Now one year seems like too short an amount time to have spent exclusively with Belle and I'm filled with a million questions:

Will Belle be OK in daycare? How will my teaching compare to my pre-mom performance? How will my parenting fare now that I am away and working all day? Will Belle still respond to me as she does now that I'm home with her all day? Will daily tasks get completed as I juggle full-time work and motherhood? Will I find time to have any life outside of teaching and being a mom?

I keep telling myself that people dumber than I have juggled work and parenthood with fewer resources, so I'll be fine. I also remind myself that Belle and I will get through all this because, well, we have to. There's not choice. There's no "stop the ride: I want to get off" button.

I'll get through day 1 back at school looking forward to seeing Belle's smile at 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment