Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shoe shopping

Sick though Belle was (fever touching 103), we went out for a walk to get some fresh air today. The fresh air (and the Advil) seemed to be perking Belle up so I stopped by a nearby children's shoe store to get Belle sized for her first real pair of shoes. Boy, did she enjoy that! The helpful salesperson told me that she couldn't remember a baby as young as Belle getting both feet sized and trying two pair of shoes on without tears but with smiles! Indeed, if there was ever question as to whether Belle was a Levinson/Fradis/Abrahams, the pleasure she expressed while shoe shopping hushes those concerns.


(walking around to test out one pair of shoes)


(playing to test out a second possible pair of shoes)

The trip out was a nice break from the fever-induced sleeping that filled most of the rest of the weekend. Here, Belle is napping on my lap.


In her sick state, she sleeps best in my arms. I can't say I blame her clingy-ness- her fever has been high and relentless.

A trip to the doc is in store tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment