Sunday, September 8, 2013

I got a good one

The other day we watched a man interrupt his busy wife. Their toddler needed to use the toilet so the man called upon his wife, who dropped what she was doing to handle the task.  All the while, the man didn't appear to be doing much more than sipping his coffee.

This is not so in our family. Craig takes Belle the the restroom when necessary.  Craig changes diapers.  Craig helps sooth our children and kiss their boo boos and play with and read to them and put them to bed and wake with them in the night (sometimes).  Craig is a hands-on father.  Sometimes I forgot how lucky I am to have a partner pulling his weight in our child rearing adventure.  Sometimes it takes witnessing another mom not having as involved a husband to remind me that I have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment