Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Two beautiful children"

The greatest compliment to me these days is to hear how lovely my children are.  That is why I beamed when I read the following email:
Everything worked out just fine! Emily stopped crying as soon as the car started, and started again as soon as the car stopped!  Belle is beautiful like her name, and said some really lovely things like, "We're following behind mommy because I love her!" And (unsolicited) "I love my daddy too!"  You have two beautiful children, and it was so much fun to take them to their places today.
The backstory: Craig had to catch a 7:15am train to Manhattan this morning, and I have to be at school by 7:30am everyday.  What were we to do with our daughters?  A friend from our synagogue, overhearing us lamenting our plight, volunteered to help us out.  She came over early this morning and used our car to drive Emily to her child care location and then Belle to nursery school.  This was no easy task: two small children; two different car seats; two different drops-off locations; two different requirements (bring Emily's infant carseat in with her; sign Belle into her classroom).  This lovely woman accepted the challenge, and then wrote me the above email to confirm that everything had gone smoothly.  How beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment