Saturday, August 8, 2015

Unintended consequence

I selfishly opted to be home with Belle and Emily this summer because I wanted to spend time with the girls. I didn't sign them up for camp (besides four half-days of Frozen camp, which Belle loved) and instead joined a gym/pool so we would have flexibility and time together. I did this for me, because the kids are growing up so fast and because the school years are so busy.
I hadn't bargained for what this summer would do for the relationship between Belle and Emily. As a result of us spending the summer together, Belle and Emily have become best friends. They play together nicely, hold hands electively, snuggle, and look out for each other.
It is a most wonderful unintended consequence of the summer. It will be hard to say goodbye to our wonderful summer days together when fall arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment