Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Sucky Battle

Babies have a natural sucking reflex; it's how they calm themselves down.  Only a few minutes after Belle was born, she had her fingers in her mouth: adorable.  However, we're happier when Belle pacifies herself with, well, a pacifier. A pacifier can be temporary because a pacifier can be taken away. My parents tell me that my older brother enjoyed his "babba" until they told him that big boys don't need babbas. With that, the pacifier was gone from baby JoJo's life. I found my fingers early...and often: I sucked my fingers through elementary school. Still, Belle tries to put her fist in her mouth and we worry that it is only a matter of time before she opens that fist and finds her fingers. In the meantime, every time she goes to suck on something, her parents aim to be there to offer her a pacifier. This battle sucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment