Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Will I ever sleep again?

I am sure many new mothers wonder if they will ever sleep again. I began this journey confident that I will, of course, someday sleep again. I mean, I was an infant once and now I am capable of sleeping through the night. However, recently (very recently...last night, in fact), I started to give up hope that Belle will actually ever sleep through the night. She is just over 11 weeks old and her sleeping pattern has grown shorter and not longer this week. She wouldn't fall to sleep until nearly 10pm last night, and then she was hungry at 12:30am. We were up again at 3:30am, 5:15am and 6:30am. Craig read somewhere that new mothers get an average of 7 hours of sleep a night. I have yet to meet, or even hear of, an actual real life mother who sleeps that much. Still, I was content when I was getting 6 hours or so. This waking up 3 times a night is tough and it is making me lose faith that Belle will ever actually sleep more than two hours straight. It has therefore occurred to me may never ever sleep again.


My last sleep (8/30/10) before I returned home with Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment