Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Accolades for Belle

I thought I had it all together.  I got us out of the apartment in time to go grocery shopping on our way to Mommy and Me Yoga which immediately proceeded the Breastfeeding Support Circle.  I had brought my own shopping bags, and even a tiny cooler and ice pack  so I could buy fish for dinner at the grocery store.  I mean, I thought I'd thought of everything.

But, my plan failed when Belle fell asleep, not on the walk and while grocery shopping as I'd anticipated, but after when I was just about to enter the yoga studio.  So, I scrapped yoga in favor of Belle's nap and just walked and walked in hopes that she'd sleep well and be alert and hungry in time for the nursing group.

While I was disappointed to miss yoga, I was frustrated that this new plan left me with idle time.  Anyway, my walk, meandering through the 60's between West End and Broadway, was fine until Belle woke up screaming.  Was she cold?  Maybe, so I ducked into a cafe two blocks from the yoga studio where the nursing group would meet.  I calmed Belle and myself and we both warmed up.

While waiting and warming, four different people came over to me and commented on Belle.  One women, dressed formally in a business suit and looking very proper, said that Belle was "significantly" cute and "significantly cuter" than other baby she'd seen.  I said thank you, and Belle smiled her thanks.  Another older woman told me that she was already in love with Belle- that it was love at first sight- and sincerely hoped that she'd bump into us again because she so loved Belle.  A middle-aged man told me he was struck when he glanced into my stroller and saw such gorgeous eyes staring back at him.  He told me Belle would certainly grow up to be a "knock-out."  (Craig, get your shotgun ready)  And just before we left the cafe, a younger woman told me that my daughter has a special face with well-defined features.  "She doesn't have a baby face," the woman explained, "she looks like a tiny, beautiful person."

I may plant myself in cafes more often.


Bored stiff? Loosen up...
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment