Monday, February 21, 2011

"Sometimes you just need your mommy"

I love holding Belle. Nothing is more snugly than feeling her little hands on me when I pick her up. And when she is sleepy and nuzzles her tiny head into my neck, I could hold her forever.

But not really. Really, I love snuggling Belle when it's time to snuggle. When it's time to play, I enjoy playing with Belle. When it's time to sleep (hahaha- Belle is not exactly a great sleeper), that is when I need to get things done to feel like a functional human being. But we may be venturing into that stage when baby need her mommy.

Craig and I attended the cocktail hour and chuppah for a friend's wedding. While we were noshing and celebrating, Belle was at Great-Grandma's Ann's with Grandpa and Aunt Joanna and other adults. Baby Belle didn't get a great report from said babysitters, but was a smiling, adorable angel when we returned to Grandma Ann's. And then today, Craig put Belle down for a nap while I ran out to the gym. When I got home, she was fussing in his arms. She stopped when she saw me. Was she all smiles only after Mommy was around?

I thought I could avoid the 'I-need-my-mommy' stage by exposing Belle to other people constantly. We've left her with family and non-family babysitters. We've passed her from person to person at family parties. We've gotten her used to being around others. Perhaps that's not enough to fully avoid the clingy stage.

In Belle's defense, she has a small cough and cold. Maybe that explains her desire to be held. I sure hope so, but I love snuggling Belle, and I enjoy having a few moments to myself when Belle is in the good care of another adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment