Friday, February 25, 2011

"Was it worth it, Mom?"

Last night, I attended a Tufts event at the swanky Times Center in Times Square. The event was to honor outgoing University President Larry Baccow and celebrate his fund raising efforts. I fed Belle and then left in time for cocktails at 7pm. Then, I enjoyed the presentation and a quick, light dinner (catered by Abigail Kirsch- delicious and creative!). Craig, though feeling under-the-weather himself, had everything under control, of course. So, when I got home just after 10pm (!!!!) to a sleeping baby and husband, I smiled.

The smile was short-lived. Before I was out of my make-up and earrings, Belle started fussing, Not wanting her to disturb her ill daddy, I grabbed her and held her in the dark bathroom while I brushed my teeth and prepared myself for bed. Then, I fed her and we all slept.

That, too, was short-lived. Belle was up at 1am, 4am, and 5:30am. While she had been falling asleep well and waking only twice a night the previous two nights, last night was not a good night. I held Belle to soothe her at 4am and wondered if it was worth going out at all.

I thought I'd maybe get a minute to breathe after coming home from a nice evening out, but I guess I resumed my mom responsibilities the second I walked into the apartment. The Tufts event was free, but I sure paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment