Friday, February 18, 2011

She doesn't live here anymore

A friend asked me if I have the hang of motherhood and if I feel "more like my old self again."  Does one every fully get the hang of motherhood?  Routines, child's needs, life is always changing.  It's not easy to get a handle on a constantly-changing job.
And in terms of "my old self," I don't think she exists anymore.  As of August 29, 2010, I do not eat the same (foods, quantity, time), sleep the same (or at all, it seems), engage in the same activities, or even have all the same friends.  My priorities have obviously shifted, and so has my reading material (baby books and mommy blogs), my value of free time and, of course, how I use that little and precious free time.  Life is quite different since Belle came along and so I am not sure that the Seren of August 28, 2010 still exists.  Sorry, Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment