Monday, April 11, 2011

Goodbye, early morning nap

Schedules come and schedules go. As I was warned, just when I think I have a schedule with Belle, she changes her mind about some major aspect of it and we're on a different schedule.

For weeks, Belle took three naps a day. The first was only a few hours after she woke up, so 7:30 or 8am. I sometimes napped with her during this early morning nap. Then, she napped while I walked with my mom friends at 11am or a little later. Finally, she napped in the afternoon at 3pm or so.

Well, for three mornings in a row now Belle has skipped that early morning nap. I tried to skip to the "routine" (the idea of a "routine" has been a bit of a joke these past seven months of motherhood) and put her down at 7:30am. No dice. Today, I waited until Belle looked sleepy closer to 8:30am and put her down. After 15 miuntes of crying which escalated to screaming, I gave up on this mornings early morning nap. She has been sleeping at 10 or 11am, but it seems that the morning nap is gone.

There is no question that Belle is the boss around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment