Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Growing up

The other day, Belle said something about the "remote" (as in, remote
control for the television). I realized that she'd said the word
correctly. It wasn't that long ago that Belle couldn't say "remote."
Instead, she called it a "gamote." And we learned how to play a new
game by reading the "gowections," and Belle visited me in the
"hopstible" when Emily was born. Belle is so grown up that she
correctly pronounces "directions" and "hospital" now. And, while I'm
proud of her verbal development, I'm also a little sad that she sounds
like such a big little girl; she certainly doesn't talk like a baby
anymore.

Emily similarly is talking up a storm! She points out "Mommy cool"
and "my cool" when we pass our respective schools, which are across
the street from each other. And Emily repeats, or tries to repeat,
what she hears more and more. She can say Grandpa Leon's "Woo boy!"
and the Levinson "what?!" and today she wished Uncle Jeffrey a
"buffday" (she didn't get the "happy" out, though she clearly says
"buffday cake," and asked for some after we got off the phone with the
birthday boy).

Again, I love listening to the girls talk, and, while I appreciate
their great language development, I wish I could press the "pause"
button and slow down their growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment