Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ah gahdda buffy dose

Subject translation: I got a stuffy nose.

The weather turned colder, snow is all around, and I caught a major cold.  I called Belle's pediatrician to make sure it was OK for me to take cold medicine while nursing and the doctor laughed when he heard my voice.  He said I sounded like a NyQuil commercial.

Anyway, thank goodness for my extremely helpful Mr. Mom husband.  While I lay on the couch blowing my nose and coughing, Craig made me tea, vacuumed, folder two loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, made dinner, and burped Belle so she would be exposed to fewer of my germs.  How lucky to have such a helpful partner in parenthood.

In terms of Belle and my germs, Belle unfortunately, though not surprisingly, caught my cold (could she have avoided it?).  So, I drop nasal saline into her tiny nostrils ad use the miraculous NoseFrida to extract the boogers form her nose to ease her breathing.  She's been napping for longer periods of time (as have I with this frustrating cold).  The biggest bummer of this illness is that we had to miss Mommy and Me yoga, but we'll make up the class I'm sure.

I hope we'll all be healthy soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment