Monday, December 27, 2010

"If the music is too loud, you're too old"

I must be heading over the hill because I had no patience for the kids yelling and screaming and throwing snowballs on West 85th Street right outside our bedroom window after 11pm last night.  When the kids yelled "NO!" to Craig's request to be quiet, I called our local NYPD precinct and filed a noise complaint.  The siwtchboard officer I spoke to said that the police cars were having a hard time getting through the snow, but they would try to respond to my complaint as soon as possible.  The kids eventually shut up, or at least moved their play down the street and away from our bedroom window.  Now, I am all for playing in the snow, but not on a quiet residential street after 11pm on a Sunday night.

I guess I am getting old...

No comments:

Post a Comment