Monday, June 6, 2011

At the park

I took Belle to Riverside Park today. She enjoyed the swings very much! She smiled, laughed and squealed each time I pushed her gently.

Craig said she looked like a flying nun, but the floppy hat was for sun safety!

When she tired of the swings, she sat on my lap on a bench under the shade of a tree (more on that later). Belle just watched with delight as the children ran and laughed and played throughout the playground and splashed in the fountain.

Mothers have told me that Sesame Street's Elmo is like crack for babies; they love and are mesmerized by the furry red puppet. Who needs Elmo, or any TV or movie when Belle has the kids at the park to watch?

I watched her watch the scene and it was adorable.

When it was time to leave (Belle started playing with my bag, indicating that she was no longer entertained by the Park scene), I found that the tree that offered such nice shade for our playground-viewing also offered a comfortable resting spot for some birds. Some birds who, like so many birds before, pooped on Belle's stroller. I love spending time outdoors and think the fresh air is wonderful for Belle, but I have returned from a walk or visit to the park and made a bee-line for the Windex and paper towels to clean the stroller at least half a dozen times. Darn birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment