Tuesday, June 21, 2011

At the playground

Today we ran into Belle's friend Ita and her mom at a playground.  That is when I learned that there is more to the playground than the swings!  Usually when I bring Belle to the playground, I put her in the swing and then she and I sit on a bench and watch the other children run around.  She loves watching the older kids play.  We started doing some walking (when I hold her hands and she takes a few tentative steps) and crawling at the playground, but we mostly played the role of park spectators.
But my friend showed me all the places where our nearly-ten-month-olds are able to stand and hold on and "cruise" (the tern used to describe a baby who is pre-walking so moves by holding onto things, like the couch or a chair).  Belle and Ita did some wonderfully stimulating (and apparently exhausting judging by tonight's 6:30pm bedtime) standing, cruising, crawling and park spectating   

No comments:

Post a Comment