Thursday, June 23, 2011

"But you don't have to take my word for it..."

Yes, I am a doting mother. I think Belle's smile lights up the day more brightly than the sun. But you don't have to take my word for it (as LeVar Burton used to say on Reading Rainbow):

Craig's 91 year old grandmother had back surgery and she is now in a rehabilitation center re-learning how to walk. On her road to recovery, she's enjoyed wonderful visits from her three children, eight grandchildren, and even a few of her eight great-grandchildren. Many of us have brought her pictures to help make her smile.

A recent report from rehab brings this update:
"Just spoke to Grandma...It appears that...the only photo being displayed is the new framed picture of Belle, which mom loves. 'It's the picture that keeps me going.'"

Belle's smile is a special one, but you don't have to take my word for it. Just ask one of her three great-grandmothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment