Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's for dinner?

Which is messier: feeding Belle or making Belle's food?

It's a tough call.

Now that Belle east three meals a day, I find myself asking, "what's for dinner?" frequently. Breakfast is always cereal mixed with some fruit (or lentils, because I didn't label the containers of the food I'd made and frozen and so I thawed what I thought was peaches but what turned out to be lentils). Lunch is yogurt or bread and cheese or egg-something, always with fruit and/or veggies. But dinner for some reason seems daunting.

So when I shopped for our meals last Friday, I picked up the larger size eggplant and the bigger container of tofu and I made extra brown rice for last week's dinner. Tonight, while Craig was at the Yankee game, I finally took the ingredients I'd been meaning to turn into food and did so. With an immersion blender. Which splattered all over (the kitchen and me).

Anyway, I was able to answer the question "what's for dinner" for Belle for a while: asparagus, tofu and potatoes; spinach, brown rice and tofu; chicken, eggplant and brown rice.

I wonder what Craig and I will have for dinner this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment